Former CNN anchor Don Lemon has mocked Prince Harry and Meghan Markle following news the couple will move back to the United Kingdom with their two children.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are preparing to leave their Montecito mansion in California to relocate to a private, non-royal residence outside London in the coming weeks.
Lemon, 60, shared a video on Instagram on Wednesday night to vent his feelings about the impending move, questioning the decision after the couple's very public disputes with the royal family.

The ousted television host pointed to a New York Times article bearing the headline "Harry and Meghan Will Move Back to Britain After 6 Years in U.S." before launching into his critique.
"What? What is going on here?" the media personality asked his followers.
"After all that consternation, after all that stuff y'all put us through, the Oprah interview, all that. Oh, my God, 'What color is the baby going to be behind the ears in the royal family?'" he added.

Lemon was referencing the couple's explosive 2021 interview with Oprah Winfrey, during which they claimed a member of the royal family had expressed concern about how dark their unborn baby's skin might be.
The former news anchor, who was fired from CNN in April 2023 following controversies over his on-air remarks about a female political candidate not being in her 'prime' and his workplace behaviour, read the opening lines of the newspaper report.

"'Prince Harry, his wife Meghan and their children are moving back to Britain.' That's what folks are saying. They're enrolling their kids. They had a… I guess they repaired stuff," he said.
Reaction to royal return
Lemon, who stated last month that he is considering running for president, offered the couple a backhanded message of support.
"Look, I'm rooting for y'all. The interracial of it all, I get it. I'm rooting for y'all, but come on make up y'all's mind. Good luck. Whatever," he said.
He then told his viewers that he had expected Harry to return to his home country, but not with his wife.
"Oh, and by the way. Another thing. I predicted that this would happen. Now I thought that they may separate and then he would go back. But there's a twist. They're both going back now," he added.

Looking ahead to the family reunion, Lemon speculated on how Catherine, Princess of Wales, would react to seeing her sister-in-law again.
"Ooh, that's kinda… that's gonna be a little bit of drama. I wanna know what Kate's gonna say. Is it gonna be kissy kissy huggy hug or shady mcshade? The latter, I'm sure," Lemon concluded.

Fans debate royal move
The Instagram video sparked a wave of comments from followers, with many stepping in to defend the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.
"Kids deserve to know their grandfather and cousins….," one user wrote.
Another supporter noted that family disputes are common, writing: "Family is family. They may have wealth but they experience the same things that all families go through. You fall out you make up. Good for them."
Other fans suggested the king's recent health struggles might have prompted the reconciliation.
"Perhaps his Father, the King, has a life threatening disease and they have decided to make peace while there's time so the King can get to know his grandchildren & vice versa. Just a thought," a follower commented.
Another agreed, adding: "The dad is probably very sick and Harry wants to be close to him."
However, some commenters were less forgiving of the couple's decision to return.
"What happened to all the reasons they left?" one user asked.
"They ran out of $$$," another replied.
A third critic wrote: "She thought she would be a celebrity. The American Diana well that didn't work."
New life in London
Prince Harry and Meghan stepped down from their roles as working royals in January 2020. They moved to California to begin a new life with Prince Archie, who is now seven, and Princess Lilibet, now five.
The couple are now expected to enrol their children at a school near their new British home in September. They plan to remain in the United Kingdom for an extended period.
Meghan will continue to run her lifestyle brand, As Ever, from the United Kingdom.
The family will maintain their Montecito estate, as well as a property in Portugal that they purchased in 2023.
While the couple met with King Charles at Highgrove last month, the relocation was not discussed. The monarch was reportedly informed of the move on Sunday.
According to the Daily Mail, the king welcomes the opportunity to see his youngest son and his grandchildren in a personal capacity.
However, the monarch has made it clear that Harry and Meghan's status as private citizens and non-working royals will remain exactly the same, in line with their own previous wishes.
Harry's estranged brother, Prince William, and Catherine have also been informed of the impending move.
Details of the family's security arrangements have not been disclosed, and no changes have been announced.
The lack of an update follows Prince Harry's previous claims that he did not feel his family were safe in the United Kingdom without police protection.

