fbpx

First death from botulism: 21-year-old boy dies after mass poisoning

First death from botulism: 21-year-old boy dies after mass poisoning
First death from botulism: 21-year-old boy dies after mass poisoning

In Kostroma, the first patient died due to a botulism epidemic. He was a 21-year-old student. Izvestia reports this.

Photo: “Unsplash”

So, in Nizhny Novgorod, a man fell ill with botulism because of the lobio salad eaten. “Unfortunately, it was not possible to save the young man. This was because, among other things, he did not immediately seek medical help even at the first signs of the disease. “I felt bad while I was still in Nizhny Novgorod, but only when I returned to Kostroma did I call an ambulance.”

The man was taken to hospital and injected with antitoxic serum. He was in intensive care on an artificial lung ventilation (ALV) system.

Let us remind you that more than 120 people have been hospitalized with botulism symptoms in Moscow since June 14, and 55 of them are in serious condition. Rospotrebnadzor attributed the cause of poisoning to salads from Local Kitchen LLC (Kitchens in the District) and Gastroport LLC. The victims were eating a limono salad with canned beans from one of the Neighborhood Kitchen suppliers.

We have previously written a lot about what botulism is and what its symptoms are. Read here.

Source: People Talk

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top Trending

Related POSTS