10 beautiful and seemingly harmless plants that can kill

The flowers look really beautiful, but it is unlikely that they would have survived to this day if they did not know how to defend themselves. If animals have sharp teeth, claws and beaks, then ground-bound plants have also developed a cocktail of a wide variety of poisons for self-defense. We’ve been telling you what seemingly harmless and beautiful flowers can kill, but you had no idea.


Emily Mortimer in the movie “The Timekeeper”

According to Greek legend, this flower was the narcissistic young man Narcissus transformed into. Many people give bouquets of daffodils to their beloved daughters and mothers, but few people know that the smell of their flowers can cause dizziness and vomiting. Narcissus bulbs should never be eaten, so they should be kept away from children and animals. Otherwise, convulsions and paralysis will begin, which will lead to death.

Lily of the valley

This Red Book flower is truly beautiful. Snow-white buds have long been associated with purity and innocence, so its inflorescences were used to make bridal bouquets. Just remember how popular this flower is in jewelry. But lily of the valley is a deadly plant. Moreover, all parts are poisonous: flowers, stems, roots, leaves and fruits (including their aroma). Even the water in which lilies of the valley are found poses a health threat. Obvious signs of poisoning are hallucinations and headaches. If medical assistance is not provided in a timely manner, death is possible.


Landscape designers especially love hydrangea. True, the shrub’s bright purple buds should never be eaten. Otherwise, you may be poisoned with symptoms such as shortness of breath, rapid heartbeat and low blood pressure.


An incredibly beautiful and deadly flower. It was used to prepare poison in India. There is a known case where shish kebab cooked on bush branches caused death. The poisonous substances in oleander also affect the nervous, digestive and cardiovascular systems. Poisoning is accompanied by convulsions and numbness in the limbs. When pollen or leaves enter the eyes, severe inflammation begins in the eye sockets.


An evergreen shrub with lush white inflorescences has been known for its poisonous properties since ancient times. Xenophon wrote about the inappropriate behavior of Greek soldiers who ate honey collected by bees from rhododendron flowers. It contains andromedotoxin, which causes pain, nausea and even death.


This cute yellow flower is dangerous for humans and animals. The poisonous substance contained in the sap of the plant causes irritation and blisters when in contact with the skin, and when swallowed causes active salivation, swelling in the mouth, vomiting, bloody urine, diarrhea, tremors and convulsions.


Blue-purple delphinium, also known as Larkspur, causes severe depression of the central nervous system, gastrointestinal tract and heart pathologies when accidentally eaten.


Lily flowers are a symbol of the Virgin Mary’s virginity. However, their beauty is devastating, especially for those with allergies. It is not recommended to give lily to pregnant women and children. These flowers contain essential oils that cause headaches and insomnia. They also actively absorb oxygen, so you should not put them in the room.


Daphne or wolfberry blooms very beautifully, but in no case should you touch it. The flower burns when it comes into contact with the skin, and when consumed internally it causes salivation, burning of the oral mucosa, vomiting, diarrhea, cramps, abdominal pain, weakness and fainting. Wolfberry berries are especially dangerous.


Callas are very aristocratic flowers. However, they pose a danger to humans due to calcium oxalate. If you eat it, your lips, tongue, and throat will swell (which can cause choking or difficulty breathing). Contact with skin may cause rash.

Source: People Talk

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Top Trending

Related POSTS