Skip to content

Bringing you stories that vibe with your fashion

Celebrity

Golden Bachelor Australia delayed third time until March

The Golden Bachelor Australia has been delayed for a third time to March next year amid rumours host Samantha Armytage could join Nine's Today show.

Golden Bachelor Australia delayed third time until MarchMEDIA-MODE.COM / Getty Images

The Golden Bachelor Australia has been delayed for a third time, with Channel Nine moving the reality dating series premiere to March next year instead of later this year.

Sources close to the production told the Daily Telegraph that the show exceeded expectations during development, prompting network executives to rethink their launch strategy. Production insiders said executives decided against rushing the series onto screens, choosing instead to position the franchise in a more competitive viewing window early next year. Some industry sources insisted the delay is part of a master plan for the series.

However, industry whispers suggest that the schedule change may be less about programming strategy and more about the television future of host Samantha Armytage, amid reports of her potential return to morning television.

The Golden Bachelor Australia, hosted by Samantha Armytage (pictured), has reportedly been pushed back for a third time

Breakfast television speculation

Armytage, a former co-host of Seven Network's flagship morning news program Sunrise, has reportedly emerged as a candidate for a hosting role on Channel Nine's Today show. Industry speculation suggests network executives are carefully managing her on-screen commitments to avoid scheduling conflicts between morning and evening broadcasts.

Television insiders claim network bosses are hesitant to have Armytage appear every morning on a breakfast show while simultaneously fronting a prime-time reality dating program in the evening, particularly during the early stages of a new hosting assignment.

Despite mounting speculation, there has been no confirmation that Armytage has been offered a role on Today, nor any official indication that the dating show's revised schedule is linked to her career plans. The Daily Mail has contacted Channel Nine for comment regarding the scheduling changes.

Speaking to the Daily Mail on the red carpet at the 2026 Logies awards ceremony, Armytage said Nine had not offered her a full-time position on the morning show. "I have not been offered. I like filling in, it's all good fun," she said.

Rather than rushing the series onto screens, producers are said to be keen to give the franchise the strongest possible start by positioning it in a more competitive viewing period next year. Pictured: Mathew Collett

Noise complaints in Elizabeth Bay

The scheduling delay coincides with ongoing production challenges for the upcoming season of The Golden Bachelor Australia, which features leading men Ed Savage and Mathew Collett. The reality show, which follows contestants who have experienced love and loss as they search for a second chance at romance, has generated significant attention behind the scenes during filming in Sydney.

Filming for the series takes place at Tresco Estate, an exclusive waterfront mansion located in the eastern Sydney suburb of Elizabeth Bay. The historic property was listed on the real estate market last year with a price guide between $110 million and $120 million.

Production activities at the estate sparked frustration among wealthy local residents earlier this year. Neighbours allegedly lodged formal complaints after late-night karaoke sessions, live music performances, and all-night partying continued until 4am.

But industry whispers suggest the delay may have less to do with programming strategy and more to do with Armytage's rumoured return to breakfast television. Pictured: Ed Savage

Police and council intervention

Tensions between producers of the Channel Nine show and local residents boiled over last Wednesday when officers from New South Wales Police and council rangers from the City of Sydney were called out to the mansion over noise complaints.

The dispute escalated last week when one neighbour retaliated against the late-night production noise by playing a trumpet from their backyard in protest.

One local resident said disruption in the area had been constant since the production crew arrived earlier this month to construct filming frames and install outdoor lighting. The resident noted that noise levels reached a peak on a Tuesday night during filming for the first meeting between contestants and the Bachelor.

"It was a Tuesday night, they were up partying until 4am," the resident said. "I woke up thinking it was kids screaming, but it was the women doing karaoke and yahooing. It is beyond disrespectful. They have huge speakers and have even had live bands."

Council statement and Warner Bros response

A spokesman for the City of Sydney confirmed in a statement that council staff received several complaints from residents living near the waterfront mansion.

"As a result of these complaints, City of Sydney staff met with the production company to discuss standard noise limits," the spokesman said. "We will continue to monitor the production to ensure filming remains compliant and residential amenity is maintained."

Following discussions with police and council officials, production company Warner Bros sent a letter to surrounding residents assuring them that music would no longer be played after hours during filming sessions.

Despite the mounting speculation, there has been no confirmation Armytage has been offered a position on the Today show, nor any indication the show's scheduling changes are directly linked to her future career plans

Venue history and resident frustration

Locals claim the current filming of The Golden Bachelor Australia is the latest chapter in a long-running saga of noise and disruption from the mansion. Tresco Estate has previously hosted private parties, including corporate events for American Express and the annual Nova 96.9 Christmas party.

"The parties are getting worse," a neighbour complained. "After we tried to take it to council and got knocked back, it's felt like a free-for-all."

Channel Nine has not announced a revised broadcast date beyond the expected March launch window next year.

Related

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *